billybob

Reaction score
Welcome to FM, what type of fishing do you do.

pole fishing for carp of all sizes

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

I used to fish a lot 15 years ago migraine headaches forced me to pack it in.
I then had a bad fall hitting my head on the ground and have ended up with an illness called chronic progressive daily migraines, strong painkillers help with other meds so i have decided to start fishing again bought a pole now looking for a seatbox hence my other post

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad-house Billybob,
Hope you find something on the forum to help you back into angling.

...I used to fish a lot 15 years ago migraine headaches forced me to pack it in.
I then had a bad fall hitting my head on the ground and have ended up with an illness called chronic progressive daily migraines, strong painkillers help with other meds so i have decided to start fishing again bought a pole now looking for a seatbox hence my other post

A word of warning on this subject :eek: There have been a number of threads in the past on this site where pole-fishers have complained about the exacerbation of back problems and resultant chronic back-ache.
A number of them have pointed-out the necessity of getting comfortable seating, at the right height and level and at the right angle to the pole. I would suggest you have a 'search' on the site for these to make sure you don't cause yourself any back problems since these can exacerbate neck & head pains triggering migraines!

You never know - you might be better off with a rod & line - rather than a pole - for more relaxing angling! ;)

Tight Lines :thumbs:

slaphead

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

I'm sorry to hear about your condition, I used to suffer frequent migraines myself but now only have the eye disturbances without any following pain.

Glad the meds help, enjoy your time on here.

rubio

Reaction score
Hello. I hope some fishing helps to distract you from some of the pain.

Keith M

Reaction score
About 15 years ago when I captained my club team I started to get Neck and upper back pains and severe headaches whenever I used my pole; the doctor told me that I had developed Spondylosis in my neck.

My neck and back pains and migraine used to be extremely painful and used to bring me to tears and make me vomit after a match and I just felt like rolling up in a corner and dieing.

I obviously had to stop using my pole and after getting rid of it my neck and upper back pains and migraine eventually started to get less and less until they eventually virtually disappeared altogether. I still get the occasional neck pain but nowhere near as bad as it was when I used a pole.
Nowerdays my neck pain is bought on by the wife nagging me LOL.

So if you start to get your problem again I would seriously be prepared to stop using your pole altogether.

I hope you get on OK with your pole and don't need to give it up, especially as you seem to like it so much.

Welcome to FM by the way.

Tight lines
Keith.

Last edited: