Hi from Northfleet, kent

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

I'm Stuart from Northfleet, Kent and have now been fishing for some 36 odd years and have pretty much fished most styles of coarse fishing for a number of different freshwater species, started seriously carp fishing by the early 80's and fishing waters like wrasbury no 1 amongst many others, however since for as long as I've fished I've always been drawn to the rivers more specifically chalk streams,
I've had my fair share of very large chub from the Lea valley over the years aswell as numerous barbel from the Kennet and other rivers :)

These days I'm now devoted to big river roach n dace preferably on the stick but obviously use the wag when it's needed, im currently fishing the rivers and small chalk stream around my home county of Kent

I'm also on WSF ( carp and coarse forum ) and the traditional forum under the same avarta :D

All the best and tight lines

Stuart

Last edited:

brianemb

Reaction score
Hi Stuart,

Welcome. I have recently joined the forum as well. I'm in Medway so not far from you.

I usually fish commercials but have just applied to join a club. Purely pleasure fishing for me. Not after anything big as I haven't got the gear for it.

What rivers around Kent do you fish? I do the Medway occasionally in Maidstone but find that most of the rivers are club controlled or a long walk from the car. In my advancing years a long walk carrying my gear is not a prospect I look forward to.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Stuart plenty of like minded soul's on here, so enjoy your time with us.

Cheers Derek :thumbs:

Stuart

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Hi Stuart,

Welcome. I have recently joined the forum as well. I'm in Medway so not far from you.

I usually fish commercials but have just applied to join a club. Purely pleasure fishing for me. Not after anything big as I haven't got the gear for it.

What rivers around Kent do you fish? I do the Medway occasionally in Maidstone but find that most of the rivers are club controlled or a long walk from the car. In my advancing years a long walk carrying my gear is not a prospect I look forward to.

Hi Brian,

I'm not in any club at the moment as I'm deciding very soon on what club to specifically join for me fishing,

I've fished all of the Medway over the years but have also fished the teise, Eden and stour,

The little river Eden at Edenbridge is a lovely river to fish, it certainly brings back some child hood memories and does surprisingly hold some very good chub and roach.

Can always have a little meet up some time in the summer and fish somewhere if yer interested ,

PM me for any further details and may be able to arrange something

All the best

Stuart

daniel121

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate :)

River Roach and Dace your talking my language there mate ;) Im not such a big fan of large carp but each to their own. The problem I find is large Roach - river Roach anyway are fewer in numbers than they was in the 60's and 70's.

I had a 1lb 4oz Dace about 4 years ago in the Trent local to me, unfortunately I've not had a 2lb Roach for over 25 years, have you had any success?

Brian

It's amazing what you can get out on light kit mate if you take your time :)

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Haven't been online for a while as I ve been away and also because of family health issues etc,

Thank you for all of yer replies