Hi from Derbyshire

warlock

Reaction score
Hi, thought i'd say hello. :D

The names Gary, I currently live in Alfreton, Derbyshire.
I've been up these parts for around ten or eleven years now, I used to fish a lot (mainly coarse) when I lived down south, but I'm sad to say I haven't fished or even held a rod since moving up here for one reason or another, so am pretty much going back to basics again.

I decided the other week to get the gear out of the shed with a view to starting up again, only to find half of it completely knackered, by mice, and rot it seems...I was a bit Pee'd off to say the least.....lol

I've salvaged what I can, and am gathering some new stuff bit by bit, while realising I am way behind the times tackle wise, so thought i'd have a look around and see whats new, and where around these parts I can fish :)

So again, hi from Alfreton :)

B

binka

Hi Gary,

Welcome to FM mate.

The Matlock DAA book is a good one with plenty of the Derwent around Matlock and Darley Dale and also the odd lake or two, plenty over to the Mansfield side to go at too.

Carp lakes at Higham?

I'm not sure if the tackle shop is still on the side street off the main hill through town but they used to do the books.

Enjoy the forums :)

flightliner

Reaction score
Hi garry, welcome to FM. Pop up the M1 junc 30. Nice lake at clowne, two reservoirs nearby too.
Theres the Trent if you're mobile some forty minutes away, maybe even less if you head into nottingham.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Please put posts on about your progress.

mikench

Reaction score
I too am a novice but have learn't a lot since joining FM! I have also bought a lot of tackle ;)

warlock

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes, and the venue advice, much appreciated...I shall be looking into all of those asap, especially Higham lakes as Higham is only about a mile away from me, so I might take a walk up there next week sometime to have a look around :)

Tackle shops up and down the country rely on rodents to boost their annual sales . . . . . . .

I bet they do..lol and I suspect the mice may have paid of my cats as well, as they've proved to be next to useless in safeguarding my shed...;)