New from northern USA

zacher

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm from North Dakota very close to Canada. Lots of walleye and northern pike to be found up here. I'm always happy to meet other people from around the world and learn more about fishing.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
That's cold country in Winter, you have my utmost respect pike fishing in those temperatures.

Welcome and I hope you find the site most useful :)

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

Should add I'm not a cold weather fan. I put a sweater on just to watch the movie Fargo :)

chrissh

Reaction score
hi welcome to the forum ... i live and worked in Canada and used to fish walleye and northern pike... now back in the UK

buick_toni

Reaction score
Hello!

I'd like to go fishing in Northern USA or Canada one day. But I believe the fishing here (Finland) ain't that dramatically different from yours. I too fish mostly for pike, zander and perch!

Welcome from me also, and tight lines!

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Zacher, welcome to FM.

The only time I ever visited Canada is when we sailed up the St. Lawrence Seaway on the aircraft carrier HMS Albion and visited St, John, Halifax and Montreal a few years ago (back in the 70's) and spent a month or two there.
In those days I didn't do much fishing I was more interested in the opposite sex Lol. but I missed some good fishing, I'm sure.

I like the sound of Northern Pike.

The Northern Pike (Esox Lucius) are the same ones that we have over here in the UK John; It's just that we don't have the same number of suitable large waters over here for the really big ones to flourish as well as they do in Canada.

Keith

Last edited: