Waitrose Effect - Grrrr!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Poundland in High Wycombe do Plumrose Luncheon Meat/Bacon Grill (obviously) at a £1 per 250g tin. I can't find cheaper anywhere although Tesco did the larger Princes brand, but not always available and more expensive per 100g....
Only the basic stuff, but easy to flavour at home.

I did ask at Waitrose if they sold these products and although the chap just said "No, we don't I'm afraid" I could almost hear him dying to say "CERTAINLY NOT, we are Waitrose, after all"

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Waitrose do tinned sardines with whole chillies in and also some with sliced lemon in. No bones and virtually no skin. Lovely, and very good for you too. :thumbs:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I am back to work tomorrow so it will be Sainsburys now as there are no Waitrose shops in Aberdeen, or at least none that I have seen.

There is a large Sainsburys at Garthdee which is on my way back to my place up there and they do seem to have a good selection of fresh vegetables.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, I am back to work tomorrow so it will be Sainsburys now as there are no Waitrose shops in Aberdeen, or at least none that I have seen.

There is a large Sainsburys at Garthdee which is on my way back to my place up there and they do seem to have a good selection of fresh vegetables.

Vegetables? In Scotland? Whatever next - devolution? :eek:mg:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
British politician says that Waitrose shoppers (in the Witney branch, at least) are more "talkative and engaged", that quick shopping trips to the store can become quite lengthy and almost a social occasion.

‘Stuck-up’ David Cameron heaps praise on Waitrose's ‘better class of shopper’ - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Lidl and Aldi, I have heard recently, continue their relentless discount olive oil and parmesan European invasion.

Rod Stewart has been seen in Costcutter, I see - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...r-botched-gunpoint-robbery-at-Costcutter.html

I dunno....

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got back from Waitrose after an early morning shopping trip.

At 09:00 you could park anywhere you liked and not too long at the check out either.

Got a very nice looking piece of aged Beef Rib for Sunday and a couple of Goose Eggs as well . . . . .