Rowing - Grrrr!

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
That's not rowing as in boats,

It's rowing as in "had a huge row with the wife"

The team manager's Germaine Greer......:)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Taken from the write-up:

"The 17 members of the group posed naked in their boat house and while in action along the River Avon"

It would have to be the Warwickshire Avon as that sort of thing would never be allowed on the Hampshire Avon . . . . . .

DAMMITTT!!!!!!

Reaction score
People may now understand why the PaSC always fishes \"The Damn Flask" on a Sunday...lady oarspersons....eventually we will hit a day when it's very, very warm....

so that we can catch off the top obviously...

.....what other motivations were you thinking about? How very dare you!!!

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
I hope the poor delicate billionaire owners of FB never come
into contact with a wireless, or a television set or bog forbid it, life itself.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Picture this.

This evening, in a West London (Acton-Chiswick) pub, having a pint with some "old blokes" like me (some of them a lot younger - well, not that much younger in years, but in outlook...), who post-work drink professionally and socially and do a bit of Pool and deal-making (legit property development - squaring things with the planning people, the party wall stuff, which builders, painters and plasterers etc - all of them just Agamemnon & Clytemnestra to me) as they do so, when a group of young, well-educated, nice girl, total hotties and their young male squires walked in and brightened up the place instantly and enormously.

Me, to the little group of pool-playing 'oldies' about to "Harrumph!" into their Fosters: "Lovely kids, fellas. This pub- all pubs - needs them now. Remember when we were our kids' age....?"

Reaction score
Picture this.

This evening, in a West London (Acton-Chiswick) pub, having a pint with some "old blokes" like me (some of them a lot younger - well, not that much younger in years, but in outlook...), who post-work drink professionally and socially and do a bit of Pool and deal-making (legit property development - squaring things with the planning people, the party wall stuff, which builders, painters and plasterers etc - all of them just Agamemnon & Clytemnestra to me) as they do so, when a group of young, well-educated, nice girl, total hotties and their young male squires walked in and brightened up the place instantly and enormously.

Me, to the little group of pool-playing 'oldies' about to "Harrumph!" into their Fosters: "Lovely kids, fellas. This pub- all pubs - needs them now. Remember when we were our kids' age....?"

Its happening again Paul. You really need to dumb things down and translate all of the above into plain English so that those of us who are not educated in flowery clap trap can understand it.

Surely when you attended English lessons at big school they taught you to write for your audience. Then again, maybe you are.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its happening again Paul. You really need to dumb things down and translate all of the above into plain English so that those of us who are not educated in flowery clap trap can understand it.

Surely when you attended English lessons at big school they taught you to write for your audience. Then again, maybe you are.

And I need a LONG break from chippy little Northern Nobodies like you.

See you sometime, FM.

Reaction score
Flounce.....

Chippy?

I suppose you think that your comment puts you on some sort of higher plane...me being a mere mortal and that.

Amazing how quick you responded though considering you werent even logged on when I posted.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is not about supposed or self-declared "superiority", it's about not dealing with a'holes, wherever they come from, of whatever self-designated or publicly perceived British social caste. Never have, never will, won't here. See you around.

Windy

Reaction score
Sorry Corky, think you overstepped the mark there more than a trifle. Whether humorously intended or not.
Boote entitled to be miffed I think.
Tho I have to confess to having no idea what the Agamemnon and Clytemenestra reference is all about either :confused:

Reaction score
I over stepped the mark?

I made a comment about him dumbing down his post so that we can understand it. He chose to throw the insult and refer to me as a nobody.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Tho I have to confess to having no idea what the Agamemnon and Clytemenestra reference is all about either

Me neither, Clytemenestra was the wife of Agamemnon who reputedly murdered him on his return from Troy . . . . . . . she did have a bit of a mythological rep' for "putting it about a bit" so maybe the reference was associated with married couples of lose morals?

aebitim

Reaction score
Me neither, Clytemenestra was the wife of Agamemnon who reputedly murdered him on his return from Troy . . . . . . . she did have a bit of a mythological rep' for "putting it about a bit" so maybe the reference was associated with married couples of lose morals?

Might be a reference to incestuous relationships.

Red Army

Reaction score
'Agamemnon & Clytemnestra' sounds like Greek to me, i.e. I don't get it. So maybe that's just what he meant there.

Reaction score
I know who Aga and Clyt were - the famed ancient Greek husband and wife duo who had a right carry on to say the least. I just dont know what he was trying to say or what his point was as it was somewhat burried!

Hence my request for him to dumb it down for us less educated in the construction of overly long sentence structure. I went to a local comprehensive FFS where we just about worked through similes and metaphors.

Red Army

Reaction score
I'd agree the whole post sounded like Greek to be honest.

I guess it had something to do with a bunch of old blokes in an old place doing their usual routine stuff and banter being suddenly brightened up by the arrival of young ladies a bit like you did to the folks here and the forum by posting the link when you started this post. Well that's the closet I can come to an interpretation of the metaphor but I agree that it might have been easier to just say it in plain English.