Best fishing camera

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My present camera is a Canon Power Shot A640. This has been a faithful servant to me for several years now and with its light weight, compact size and flip screen is, imo, the perfect point and shoot fishing camera.
However, I have recently noticed mine is developing a few irritating little glitches. Nothing serious, but the autofocus has started hunting and one or two other little glitches are showing up when I'm downloading so I am thinking of replacing it.
The trouble is I am not a photography nerd and am completely out of touch with new trends so I'm hoping someone can help or advise me as to what is available.
What I want is basicly the same camera or a modern equivalent, I'm not a camera snob and don't like paying for the privilege of the latest model so something a couple of years old will be perfect. The one thing I am not willing to compromise on is the flip screen, It's just too useful.
As always there is a budget but it is fairly flexible for the right bit of kit so for the sake of the exercise let's assume there is none and see what crops up.