" Click for photos?"

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Just had a nostalgic look back at the 'How did you get on' and a lot of pics aren't there anymore? It just shows ' click for photos' and if I click it doesn't appear?
Why does this happen?

thecrow

Reaction score
I think that if they have been posted using photobucket and the poster removes it from their photobucket account they disappear from here. could be wrong though.

laguna

Reaction score
Photobucket is a notoriously bad free image hoster.
I believe images are deleted automatically from these types of accounts if they aren't logged into and used regularly.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Many of the image hosting sites are free for a finite use. Once full, the only way to keep using them is for the user to delete some old images to create space. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm far too tight to actually pay for image hosting. I doubt I'm alone in that, especially when you consider that most forum hosts are unwilling to store photos. If people want to see new photos, they will have to accept that old ones will fall by the wayside.

robtherake

Reaction score
I only use my Photobucket account for uploading pics on here so the amount of storage isn't an issue - must remember to keep using it or lose it. It's a common problem, though, and dashed annoying.

Having said that, I went back to Photobucket after using another site that subsequently stopped its free image-hosting service and all my old pics were still retained on Photobucket a year or more later, so who knows?

B

binka

I think it's when they've been removed from photobucket by the owner.

I had around 500 images on there and was still nowhere near my storage capacity but I found it slow to upload new images and browse my library with so much to load so I had a clear out which seems to have solved the problem.

As the image in the post is linked to the image on photobucket it won't show up as it is no longer there.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score

Ok, this pic was taken last Saturday and was on my 'How did you get on ?"
until today. It is still on my photobucket pics as you can see as I've reposted it here. It seems to me there are darker forces at work?
The picture depicts my gear next to an expanse of water with its location ambiguously described as near a town in a certain county.
Let's see how long it lasts...

Last edited:
B

binka

Ok, this pic was taken last Saturday and was on my 'How did you get on ?"
until today. It is still on my photobucket pics as you can see as I've reposted it here. It seems to me there are darker forces at work?
The picture depicts my gear next to an expanse of water with its location ambiguously described as near a town in a certain county.
Let's see how long it lasts...

That's bizarre :confused:

I remember the pic, ain't got a clue what's happened to it on here though and strange that the other pics in that post are still showing :confused: :confused: