camera advice

associatedmatt

Reaction score
im looking to buy myself a compact camera but im a bit clueless with camaras what makes them better etc ....

mainly for fishing and landscape shots and holidays .

anyone can help ?

ken more

Reaction score
im looking to buy myself a compact camera but im a bit clueless with camaras what makes them better etc ....

mainly for fishing and landscape shots and holidays .

anyone can help ?

Never thought i would say this but i have bought two Nikon Coolpix (400 & L200 I think) and both have failed at the clip that holds the batteries in place. Before it broke they / I, had taken some very nice photo's but now i'm thinking of something else like a Fuji, Canon or such like., There are plenty to choose from Matt and good luck.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
whats wrong with a panasonic or sony i been looking but what specs is best to look out for ?

steve2

Reaction score
Not an easy question to answer it depends on your budget. Look at Nikon or Canon they have a good range starting well under the £100 mark. Would suggest you go to Currys or if you have one a local camera shop. The people at my local Currys are very Knowledgeable about cameras.

ken more

Reaction score
whats wrong with a panasonic or sony i been looking but what specs is best to look out for ?

In a word, nothing. But there are loads to choose from and i don't think you have to pay lots of money depending on what your looking for.:)

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Thing is do you go for most pixels most zoom and biggest lens within your budget ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theartist

Reaction score
Never thought i would say this but i have bought two Nikon Coolpix (400 & L200 I think) and both have failed at the clip that holds the batteries in place. Before it broke they / I, had taken some very nice photo's but now i'm thinking of something else like a Fuji, Canon or such like., There are plenty to choose from Matt and good luck.

My coolpix did excatly the same thing got fed up with duct taping the batteries in which is a shame as it took a decent picture.

steve2

Reaction score
Too many cameras in that price range so try some out.

I bought my wife a Nikon S7000 she is well pleased with it. I have always used Nikon SLR and DSLR's so I might be biased. My son only uses Cannon for his shoots does not get on with my Nikons so it's personal choice.

mikench

Reaction score
I still have all my cameras acquired over many years, canon, Minolta SLR's and A Nikon Digital SLR. When I got my first iPhone I was and remain happy with the general standard of pictures when taken in good light and of stationary objects.

A couple of years ago I went to SA for my wife's birthday( she insisted on coming) and decided it could not be bothered having to carry my binoculars and my Nikon D70 with various long lenses and bought a Sony Cybershot DSC Hx 50 which has 20.4 mega pixels and a 30x optical ( not digital) zoom. It is brilliant; light and easy to use particularly using the zoom facility. It will record movie in full HD.

I recommend it or it's successor to you. As models change regularly you can often pick up an outdated model quite cheaply. I am often astounded by the quality of the pictures ! My skills as a photographer are akin to my Angling skills;)

steve2

Reaction score
With my sons' wedding come up fast and not wanting lug all my camera gear I am now looking to get a compact. Looking along the lines of a panasonic TZ of some sort just trying to work if the price difference across the range is worth it.