Round Manchester way

Simon Davies 5

Reaction score
Hi,
can anybody point me towards some good Piking waters round Manchester way please. Any stretches of the Bridgewater (apart from Kellogs) that are worth checking out etc - I'd be really grateful for a nod in the right direction. Thanks a lot

C

Chris Bishop

Ever felt like doing a bit of the legwork yourself..?

Simon Davies 5

Reaction score
Yeah I've been out every week since Octobers and since I've only caught 7 fish I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to give a new Pike angler who is trying their best a little bit of friendly advise
If that's such a crime I'm very sorry I asked for help and obviously offended you

C

Chris Bishop

Nothing against you personally but someone fishing there probably wouldn't appreciate having his best stretches named as it's a canal and fairly vulnerable to people taking the fish, which goes on all over the place at the moment.

The club's got members in Manchester who'll be happy to help, not sure where your nearest meetings are.

There's also a new region in Southport run by a bloke called Gary Cadwell (jackpike) who sometimes posts on here.

I have a feeling you may have to travel, people I know up there tend to fish a fair way away.

Simon Holden

Reaction score
Gorton Reservoir in Debdale Park could be worth a chuck. It is meant to have some big fish but does get a bit of a hammering. I fished it a few times this season and only had one 7lber. It is free at present and there is quite a bit of water to go at.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Jumbles reservoir bradshaw bolton Some very large pike but not easy as its quite big I know a 30 came out last year its free as well and a nice place.