The Rigs Page ? Pike Care Kit

A

Andrew Webber

Which landing nets do you guys use? I've have a solar bowloc for ages which I originally bought for carping. The size, weight etc are perfect but the mesh is an absoulte nightmare. Trebles just love to get caught in it! I chin most fish when lure fishing but when using baits I net them. If theres a free hook it always catches the net and increases unhooking time. Whats a good replacement mesh?

C

Chris Bishop

The big luremesh is great for lure fishing as nothing catches in it. Not so smart for bait fishing, I just get cheap 42" nets as they only usually last me a season or two.

G

Gerry Castles

I've a big salmon gye net from Sharpes for bank work (you can carry it on your back) and a 42 inch carp frame with a shortened handle and a HarrisAngling deep lure mesh for boat work.

A

Andy Doughty

I go along with Chris, get a cheap net and cut the trebles out, much less hastle, apart from going through a couple of nets a year. But at 20 odd quid a pop, its cheaper than buying Fox ones.

Had one thought Chris, we could hang that huge lure net of yours off the back of the boat. It would only take a couple of goes along the Great Ouse to catch everything!!!

S

Steve Burke

During my time at SAS and Caliber I sold what I called Titeweave mesh especially for pike fishing and it became extremely popular. There were 2 such meshes available, Pike Mesh and Lure Mesh. The latter was ideal for big lures such as jerkbaits whilst the smaller Pike Mesh was the better allrounder. Right at the end bfore I retired an even finer Titeweave mesh became available.

One of my former employees now sells these meshes for his own landing nets. If you're interested e-mail me and I'll put you in contact with him.