Ledgering for perch

Liam mallon

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if any of you lot could help me out. I have thinking about going for perch in and around my local waters. The method I wanted to try is a free running ledger rig my main question can I use my feeder rod it has 3 x tips not sure on the TC. I know a lot of people use light Avon rods but I don't have one but I might have to buy one if my feeder won't do the job.

Thanks for any replys

plaadug

Reaction score
The method I wanted to try is a free running ledger rig my main question can I use my feeder rod it has 3 x tips not sure on the TC.

I am mostly using an ultralight picker rod when legering for perch and had the best results with lobworms on a waterknot paternoster. I use a parallel tip and not the tapered ones.

When free running I also use my medium heavy feeder rod and it works out well. Especially if you need more distance.

Liam mallon

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I will try it out on Wednesday just an update I checked the tips and they are 1 1/2 oz 2 oz and 3oz am I better going for the 2 oz?

plaadug

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I will try it out on Wednesday just an update I checked the tips and they are 1 1/2 oz 2 oz and 3oz am I better going for the 2 oz?

That depends on your swim and its current, as well as the lead's weight. I always prefer the lighter glasfiber tips.

terry m

Reaction score
Use as light a lead as you can get away with, and consider using a link leger setup. Everything to minimise resistance will also minimise the number of dropped runs.