Pike Pencils

naxian62

Reaction score
In the midst of knocking up a few pencils for deadbaiting, when a thought occured.
Would there be a problem if a swivel were to be glued one in each end and the float painted half flouro for dark water and half black for bright backgrounds. Giving you two floats in one.
Any thoughts anyone?

pikepro1

Reaction score
Great idea! Can't think of any problem whatsoever! I think I'm going to do the same with my floats!

terry m

Reaction score
Should not be a problem, you may want to slip a small sleeve over the 'unused' swivel to prevent it snagging on the mainline.

Fishing with unloaded deadbait pencil floats is perhaps my very favourite method of fishing, especially when the ripples start to appear......

The fox deadbait pencils, half red and half white are perfect for me.

john step

Reaction score
I think it was the 60's that the well known Piker Dennis Pye used double aspect floats shaped like dumbells. He was always in AT with big Norfolk Broads pike.

pikepro1

Reaction score
A way to be able to change which end of the float you see without tackling down would be good when light conditions change during a session!

B

binka

I'm gonna have a crack at making my own pike deadbait pencils soon after being shocked at the recent prices for the shop bought ones.

I won't be bothered about double ending them for colour as i'll just do what I currently do which is to carry a roll of black insulation tape and mask off the fluorescent tip when required, takes seconds to do and seconds to undo, looks nice and tidy and doesn't affect the paint.

Simples :)