what rod do i start on here

Reaction score
hey people as it is coming into the winter and not much fishing only sea fishing which i enjoy im just wondering i have 42 pound spending limit on a rod whats the best for me i got told to get a daiwa 6 in 1 rod by a fisher i know but im just wondering whats ur advice ill mainly be usind it for mackeral fishing float fishing and spinning casting out from rocks not realy any other fishing but im just looking the best one within my price range so i decided to ask the pros i already have a beach caster

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
I hope this helps bud...

http://www.fishingmagic.com/features/sea_angling/15394-bass-fishing-for-the-coarse-angler.html

I bought a cheap Abu enticer for about £35.... It looks ghastly, but for the beach its perfect. I use it to catch whiting, sole, macheral (can't spell), bass and dabs.

I have Century Match tip tornados.... money well spent for pendulum/distance casting. But for close in and actually appreciating the sensation of reeling in a fish and feeling it kick - I'd rate my sh**y Abu any day!!!!:)

chav professor

Reaction score
thanks very much man is this available on ebay

possibly, but I would look for a similar type of rod from Dragon carp or similar entrance model carp rods of around 2.75 - 3lb mark.... the sort of thing most people would have a laugh if its sitting on a rod pod.....

Sea fisherman are far more practical! its scuffed and scraped and has hardly any of its logo left (which is not a bad thing in itself lol)...... its a tool and it is cherished not for how much it cost, but what it does for me. the way a tackle item should be viewed IMO.