Souped-up Mackerel

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Always liked mackerel and fishing for them off a high-summer shore with light spinning tackle and with fly. But what if, with rising sea temperatures and fish moving ever northwards now, False Albacore began swimming our waters - what fun!

JJW on Vimeo

mick b

Reaction score
Tunas and Bonitos are in our waters Paul, certainly as far up channel as Sussex and out and around the Channel Islands.

Problem is hardly anyone seems to want to pull a few lures or read a fishfinder correctly to prove they are there in serious quantities.

rubio

Reaction score
Tunas and Bonitos are in our waters Paul, certainly as far up channel as Sussex and out and around the Channel Islands.

Problem is hardly anyone seems to want to pull a few lures or read a fishfinder correctly to prove they are there in serious quantities.

If anyone has they won't be shouting about it.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
By coincidence It was only yesterday that I found a couple of old photo's from the 80's with yours truly holding up a decent Bonito. Did it make me happy? No. Why? well there is now about four stones more of me!

greenie62

Reaction score
By coincidence It was only yesterday that I found a couple of old photo's from the 80's with yours truly holding up a decent Bonito. Did it make me happy? No. Why? well there is now about four stones more of me!

Ray - you need to eat more roughage - if you're going to pig-out on a 5-stone bonito - to speed-up your slow digestive transit rate! ;):D