Fishing on holiday.

sumtime

Reaction score
All being well with our daughter's health we are off to Majorca on the first of June. I'm thinking of taking some pellets with me, I always use bread and the odd limpet and never blank.

It's gonna be interesting, I, like a lot of us, love to try something different, anyone else tried pellets in the Med?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
All being well with our daughter's health we are off to Majorca on the first of June. I'm thinking of taking some pellets with me, I always use bread and the odd limpet and never blank.

It's gonna be interesting, I, like a lot of us, love to try something different, anyone else tried pellets in the Med?
I can only tell you Sumtime, bumping into a fishing friend a few months ago, she told me she had a nice Bass on a halibut pellets off the beach. But that was in this country however, I don't see why it would not work elsewhere. Certainly the scent would be a fish attractor.

retrobob

Reaction score
markg;1341511 that was in this country however said:
Depends on what fishing magazines the fish have been reading locally. :wh

greenie62

Reaction score

Hope you get the holiday this year la', - have fun with the pellets sounds like it's worth a go. Bits of shrimp/prawn can work well.

Don't forget we're supposed to have a licence nowadays to sea-fish there - Do I Need a Fishing License in Majorca? Guide | Fishing | Holidays Majorca
Some people have risked seizure of tackle and just use a 'throwaway' rod they don't mind losing although rumours are that the harbour police just give tourists a ticking-off on a first offence!

You can apply for a (2-year) licence from this site - http://www.caib.es/govern/organigrama/area.do?lang=ca&coduo=12 - depends how good your Catalan is!
You need your passport, payment card and holiday details - then print off the receipt as proof of licence - just like the EA site! :eek:

'Spose if we disapprove of foreigners coming here and fishing without a licence we really ought to comply with other countries licence requirements! - even if they hinder their own efforts at increasing tourism! :eek::eek:mg:
Tight Lines:thumbs: