Hampshire catch report video Haslar

P

pointngo

I'd hate to be your dog Ray! lol

My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular but suitably caring for something you have responsibility for surely must be the only civilised way to behave, whether it's a fish, a person, or a dog. :D

Not doing so shows disdain and lack of respect imho, traits commonly moaned about on fishing forums when discussing litter and suchlike.

As for cutting the guy some slack; I've got no axe to grind whatsoever and didn't direct anything at him but no-one is going to win any friends by coming onto a forum, not listening to concerns about fish welfare, and slagging off other anglers and their fishing of choice for no apparent reason. That'd cause a fight in most pubs. lol

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I am not really a fish fascist and I do care about fish welfare, but I don't think you can honestly apply the same standards to shore fishing as you can to coarse angling, for instance if you only fished sand beaches then no problem but from rocks or a stone beach then it's a totally different matter.

Anyway I must be off, I've got to go and sharpen my gaff for the Fish-in on the LIF. I won't take criticism for using the gaff as I only hook grayling through the dorsal and some of them actually manage to swim away, for a while.

P

pointngo

I am not really a fish fascist and I do care about fish welfare, but I don't think you can honestly apply the same standards to shore fishing as you can to coarse angling, for instance if you only fished sand beaches then no problem but from rocks or a stone beach then it's a totally different matter.

Anyway I must be off, I've got to go and sharpen my gaff for the Fish-in on the LIF. I won't take criticism for using the gaff as I only hook grayling through the dorsal and some of them actually manage to swim away, for a while.

I do agree with you mate, they're not the same and not always feasible, but if care can be taken it should be imho.

Good luck on the LIF. :D