Shakespeare Tackle Query

Terry D

Reaction score
Can anyone please help. I've been offered a Shakespeare Quartz Lite 2926 reel and a Shakespeare Bionic 30-50lb (1431.050) boat rod. Are these any good and what is a reasonable price to pay. I've been tolf they're in very good condition.
Kind regards, Terry D.

kenpm

Reaction score
They are fairly old items possibly 6 or 7 years plus so price is dependant on condition really I would guess about £50 maximum for the pair if in excellent condition.

Terry D

Reaction score
No price as he doesn't know what they're worth, so I'm just trying to find out more about them.

Terry D

Reaction score
I found a Bionic rod on eBay going for £35, but absolutely nothing anywhere on the web about the reel. Anyone out there got any old Shakespeare tackle catalogues with info in? Any feedback very much appreciated.

mikench

Reaction score
Unless they are a bargain and of superior qualty( doubtful) I would buy new. That way you can choose an ideal rod and reel to suit your needs and ithey are likely to be better in every way!

flatsfishing

Reaction score
Unless they are a bargain and of superior qualty( doubtful) I would buy new. That way you can choose an ideal rod and reel to suit your needs and ithey are likely to be better in every way!

Nothing made by shakespeare is superior quality!

mikench

Reaction score
Agreed but I have an 8 foot 4 piece ugly stick travel spinning rod and it is perfectly adequate for light spinning in the sea or freshwater for that matter. It is only 24 inches long and provided in a plastic tube.

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Are you the Terry D of Airgun BBS fame?

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Are you the Terry D of Airgun BBS fame?

robtherake

Reaction score
Nothing made by shakespeare is superior quality!

...I take it, then, that you never held a Shakespeare Alpha rod from the seventies; or the Mach 2 and President match rods of the eighties? :p Wash your mouth out, young sir! :D

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Can anyone please help. I've been offered a Shakespeare Quartz Lite 2926 reel and a Shakespeare Bionic 30-50lb (1431.050) boat rod. Are these any good and what is a reasonable price to pay. I've been tolf they're in very good condition.
Kind regards, Terry D.

Is the Quartz Lite a multiplier, by any chance?

Shakespeare DE Quartz Lite 370M 25lb Multiplicateur DE MER UNE Gauche UN Droitier | eBay