What I do...

mightyboosh

Reaction score
...when I'm not reminiscing about coarse fishing on FishingMagic.

I got out on the ski for a saltwater trip on Saturday. This is really my "bread and butter", but sea conditions have not been kind of late.

Anyway, a flat sea and the fish were queuing up to be caught, including a 20lb snapper which is something of a milestone. All fish were caught on lures.

G0091625_zpsjncesaco.jpg

G0041517_zpspjuxl3bn.jpg

G0061558_zpslmocfx6r.jpg

G0071571_zpsy9di8pwl.jpg

G0071584_zpsja5xawfx.jpg

G0081600-2_zps1s2q6l28.jpg

B

binka

Brilliant!

When I jet skied at my local club (Church Wilne) there was a guy who did well on the pike by trolling lures at just above tick over speed.

Out of interest, what ski is it... It looks a substantial beast?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like seriously good fun that !

mightyboosh

Reaction score
Brilliant!

When I jet skied at my local club (Church Wilne) there was a guy who did well on the pike by trolling lures at just above tick over speed.

Out of interest, what ski is it... It looks a substantial beast?

Thanks. I do a bit of trolling from the ski, as you say, nice and slow for most species.

It's a Yamaha FXHO, it is a beast! 1800cc; three seater. Ideal for fishing. Have a fish finder mounted on the dash and big cooler box/rod holders on the back.

bullet

Reaction score
That looks beastly!
I'd much rather be catching 4 oz Dace......

dann

Reaction score
That really does look like fun. If I lived somewhere more suitable I would be selling a child/wife/kidney so I could join you. Not sure it would go down too well on the Thames though :wh

mightyboosh

Reaction score
I don't know Dann, I would love to take the ski up the Thames around the weirs in the Windsor/Old Windsor area. Would be ideal for chucking some lures about!