Going the distance: Long range casting

noknot

Reaction score
Very good article Ian, I think you covered it all very well!

But reading "Casting at the sun" will not help you reach that distant bar:p

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Thanks, Pete! Thanks, Geoff! The joys of FM! Y'know, I could write a fairly substantial book in reply to this article but it would be pointless, utterly pointless. The piece is well-written and very informative, but God, it's ugly. Sorry, Ian, but some of us are on a different planet. Can I borrow that book please, Geoff?

Last edited:

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Thanks for your helpful and informative comments Cliff. I will remember to write in Martian for you next time. God there is no helping some folk. LOL

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
One of the old school. Ian! I simply could not spend the obligatory hour or more hurling things that weigh a pound-plus into a pristine, glass-topped lake of early morn...Ga-bloosh! Ga-bloosh! What if some poor, dedicated schmuck has had a piece of crust floating out there since pre-dawn? He's likely to retaliate by slinging his copy of 'Be quiet, and go a-angling' at you! I really do appreciate though, Ian, that the great majority of recognised carp waters have long been subjected to the brutalism of modern carp-fishing, so it is - I admit - unlikely that a quill-contemplating tencher will storm around the lake for a confrontation: you're all part of the same persuasion so there exists a common understanding - indeed, acceptance. It does happen though! In August, my morning idyll was shattered by a spodder (let's just say his name'll win you a game of Scrabble hands-down) whose activities were effectively identical to a bunch of brick-hurling saboteurs. Seriously. Not very nice when you've got your swim fizzing and the float's about to sail away. For fellow (modern) carpers, Ian, your article could well be the definitive work on baiting and casting; it's a good piece, I think. I just couldn't resist a pop at the...the...the insensitivity of it all.

Last edited: