A Spanish Carping Experience!

noknot

Reaction score
Thanks' for that Bob, loved the "bait boat" antics! Some well known Carp anglers predict a new World record Carp from that area;)

chav professor

Reaction score
I'm a real noddy too Bob! Should see the funny looks i get float fishing for carp;) Spain sounds very exciting - Uncaught fish and all that water, very mysterious!! good read.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
What a guide! above and beyond the call of duty :D

Sounds a great trip, always fancied trying this area, the cozimo barbel look awesome creatures. Check out Tony-Davis Patricks book "Globetrotters Quest" if you want to see some truly huge Spannish Barbel.

rob richbell

Reaction score
spanish experience

Thanks for the comments chaps, it was a fabulous place, very wild and unspoilt. During the 4 days on the Orellana we only saw 1 local fishing for Carp, no one else. We saw wild boar, deer and 1 day what looked like a buzzard hunting the egrets. The only other fishermen were a couple of locals in those funny little floating chair things that were after Pike.
Most people at that time, and probably still, go to the Ebro. No cats in the Orellana some black bass, carp (mainly commons) pike and Tench.

Damn, i thought i was being radical when i fish for carp on the float, you have just spoilt one of my many delusions, i'm just a noddy after all. <lol>

rob

chav professor

Reaction score
You know what Rob, Someone asked me the other day 'Fishing? I don't know what people get out of it'. Its a tough one this and always floors me. why do i go fishing? because I have to, a driven urge - I cannot describe it any other way! I think your last comment sums it up. Its just being there and seeing all the drama that takes place in watery places!!!!

It sounds like you took alot away with you from that trip, the fish can almost be a side issue.......... I think very few people know what it is like to be close to nature these days.