Hydropower – Make Sure Your Voice is Heard

bigfish74

Reaction score
we have 2 that i know of up here
one is on the river irwell at bury now the water used to flow really well over the wier but now its little more than a trickle not good for oxeygenation in my opinion and the other is on the goyt at marple were there is a lot more flow
damn that archemedes and his bloody screw lol
i have seen pictures of fish cut up just like the perch and if a trout even thinks of trying to past it well its curtains for that fish all in all i can understand why they are using these but wildlife and fish protection has been nypassed here

andy

mike box

Reaction score
Isn't that picture of sliced perch from Netherlands?
Shouldn't we be using photographic evidence of fish mutilated by English Hydro on an English consultation???? Think it makes our argument pretty weak if we're relying on WMD evidence.

richiekelly

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if its a photograph of an English fish or not, these things will be the death of some stretches of river as far as habitat goes and not just for fish.

mike box

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if its a photograph of an English fish or not, these things will be the death of some stretches of river as far as habitat goes and not just for fish.

You are Colin Powell and I'd like my £5 please.

It matters because it's dishonest.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

saw this a while back - some really upsetting scenes from larger and older european hydro schemes.

Maybe it's just me but it seems really weak to use evidence from other countries with different customs, rules and regulations.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Who the fecks Colin Powell? are you an angler? are you a canoeist? do you think they wont damage fish, the EA does that's why they have set limits on the amount of fish they can kill although who will be there to count I don't know do you?

barbelboi

Reaction score
You are Colin Powell and I'd like my £5 please.

It matters because it's dishonest.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

saw this a while back - some really upsetting scenes from larger and older european hydro schemes.

Maybe it's just me but it seems really weak to use evidence from other countries with different customs, rules and regulations.

OK, what have you got to say - what are your suggestions?, as per the post heading - 'Hydropower - Make sure your voice is heard'
Jerry

richiekelly

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Mike Box is not an angler, I don't know what his agenda may be but he has gone very quiet and possibly a shade of green.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Ha ha he isnt me John , I agree about the photo , not about the worth of hydro based on FIT as my last post on the subject made clear.

Its important if you are fighting a cause that there are no weaknesses in your argument.