The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I missed the Show for the first time in many years, other things got in the way.

I hear though from all the reports,including a 'phone call from Ron Clay, that it was one of the best.

The Barbel Society is buzzing with new and younger members as a result.

Presentations by Des Taylor, had the crowd rocking in their seats.
Dave Harrell's presentation went down very well too.
Bob Robert's and Stuart Walkers new dvd Caught in the Act was also a sensation, not got my copy yet but very good reports saying it's topped Day's and Ways in quality and content.

The annual Gordon Scott Award was given to Phil Smithfor services to the Society and the promotion of the barbel in general.
943463_10200625188886490_1412745393_n.jpg

It's all over Facebook,next year I'll try and make sure nothing get's in the way.

You guys should give it a go and join, if you weren't there this year, go next year to see what the Barbel Society is really all about..

Last edited:

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
I had to miss it this year as I was working, really gutted:(

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
I have to say hats off to everyone who worked tirelessly to make this into more than a show. It was an event.

I've been to many BS shows but this was by far the best in my view. Don't know if it was the atmosphere or the people but everyone was smiling and having fun. It is normally my lot in life at shows to get cornered by some boring fart who want's to moan about everyone and everything. Not this time. Every single conversation I had was pleasant and positive. Lots of football wind-ups - crikey I was even pleasant to a guy in a Leeds United shirt! And Rob!!

Seriously, the day put a big smile on my face. It was good to meet up with so many of my previous Wye guests, too. And I shall stitch up Steve Pope a-la Sunday Sport. It'll teach him a lesson in being careful who you trust when it comes to innocent photographs!!!! ;-)

No, great job everyone. Already looking forward to next year.