New River Season – The FM Mods, Part Three

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck for the new season ahead Neil.

If you know or have fished with Neil then you also know that he doesn't need "luck" at all being such a damned good angler . . . . .

cg74

Reaction score
Good luck on the Wey Neil, but bear this in mind: Once you catch your first barbel, you'll become obsessed with the river.

There's no shortage of brownies, grayling, chub, perch, roach, dace and the odd stray carp, though seem to have gone?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Best of luck Neil, send a few of those down my end of the Loddon;) Did Farnham also take over Burghfield lake from CEMEX? apart from a large Common there used to be some cracking tench there - always was my favourite for the big girls.
Jerry

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, appreciated.

CG74: I have a few options on the Wey and enjoyed trotting for anything that came along last winter. I had quite a few Grayling even when it was highly coloured. I'm getting addicted to small river Barbeling, both the Wey and Loddon fit that description very well.

Barbelboi: The Loddon is quite a challenge. Two of the club stretches further downstream are a bigger challenge but hold one or two truly stunning Barbel. FAS bought some of the Yateley complex back in April: South, Match, Copse, Nursery as well as Summer, Horseshoe and Pumphouse. The others on that stunning complex have gone to new owners/syndicates. I imagine Burghfield has gone the same way. Pricey acquisitions (but probably bargains for some who could raise the finance!).