An Old Mill by the Stream…

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Love the write up Mark, absolutely brilliant. There's something wonderful about a few days away with your fishing mates, I think you got it on the head when you said its a chance for a group of grown men to behave like boys again.... specially if its somewhere as picturesque as Taverham.

Thanks!

Jim

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice one Mark, it sounded like you all had a great time, one way or another.

Its true what you say, one of my old angling clubs was full of 40-somethings men who, when on a weekend outing, were more like 13 to14 year olds et out for the day.

We had countless ground bait fights if the fishing was slow and I've lost count of the times when someone would get to his peg, exhausted, only to find a couple of weighty rocks in his tackle box . . . . . . . .
It never happened to me though, no idea why not, of course . . . . .

Skoda

Reaction score
Good read Mark, thanks for the barbeque, the road kill burgers were good as was the volcanic strength chilli sauce we all applied liberally to our ‘dogs’. Well done for luring out the chub on rolling meat in that shallow, weedy stretch. The look on your face says it all a combination of disbelief, delight mixed with a bit of fatigue and relief.
Many thanks
Andy:)