Britain’s Rarest Freshwater Fish Reappears in Bassenthwaite

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dear Sage, Loomis, Loop, Hardy, Shimano, Preston, Drennan etc etc etc (delete whichever is not applicable to you)

I am looking to become a Vendace Hero and will soon be launching a gruelling 10 Year Campaign to catch one of these finny Monsters. Sponsor me, PLEASE.... I'll be a good boy ... say anything and write anything, anywhere and everywhere, particularly to camera, that you want me to about your astonishing tackle....

Yours in anticipation,

A. Mugge

jackperks

Reaction score
Dear Sage, Loomis, Loop, Hardy, Shimano, Preston, Drennan etc etc etc (delete whichever is not applicable to you)

I am looking to become a Vendace Hero and will soon be launching a gruelling 10 Year Campaign to catch one of these finny Monsters. Sponsor me, PLEASE.... I'll be a good boy ... say anything and write anything, anywhere and everywhere, particularly to camera, that you want me to about your astonishing tackle....

Yours in anticipation,

A. Mugge

considering these fish are protected i'd advise against catching one by design as you'll get hit by a £5,000 fine!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vendace Heroes are beyond Rules, Regs and the Law; in fact, we poo on them. So there!

B

binka

considering these fish are protected i'd advise against catching one by design as you'll get hit by a £5,000 fine!

Assuming some regulatory authority was sat in a bush just waiting for such an occurrence... or the captor was daft enough to publicise it.

How did everyone get on then... ? :D

(Insert Vendace in landing net image here with pair of forceps for scale).

:eek: :D

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Join the Vendace Trust.

"We won't stop until fishing for them is banned entirely, we've taken the money and ran for the hills and they're dead."

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Blank uncrossed Postal Orders and Cash only at the moment, I regret.

cg74

Reaction score
Assuming some regulatory authority was sat in a bush just waiting for such an occurrence... or the captor was daft enough to publicise it.

How did everyone get on then... ? :D

(Insert Vendace in landing net image here with pair of forceps for scale).

:eek: :D

You say that but didn't Bob James try to claim he was targeting the similarly protected Twaite Shad when he got caught fishing during the close season.

Last edited:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. We are the people your parents warned you about.

"Trust in Us"

B

binka

You say that but didn't Bob James try to claim he was targeting the similarly protected schelly when he got caught fishing during the close season.

You do know how to ask 'em don't you?

Yeah but wasn't that on the Wye, not Bassenthwaite?

Did Bob's captors hide behind a bush awaiting the occurrence?

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vendace Trust Press Release

Paul Boote has just done us the great honour of becoming our Patron. We are now confident about doing to Vendace what others did to South Indian Mahseer. Welcome on board, Paul. Respect.

cg74

Reaction score
You do know how to ask 'em don't you?

Yeah but wasn't that on the Wye, not Bassenthwaite?

Did Bob's captors hide behind a bush awaiting the occurrence?

Ah but there are plenty of folk hiding behind the bushes around Bassenthwaite lake trying to get a glimpse of an Osprey.;):D

B

binka

Ah but there are plenty of folk hiding behind the bushes around Bassenthwaite lake trying to get a glimpse of an Osprey.;):D

I have no knowledge of such shady goings on ;) :D :w

Talking of bushes...

No, doesn't matter :D

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Re: Predators, Birdwatchers, Naturalists, Walkers and Non-Anglers

These will be terminated with extreme prejudice in Our interests and those of the fish.

B

binka

Re: Predators, Birdwatchers, Naturalists, Walkers and Non-Anglers

These will be terminated with extreme prejudice in Our interests and those of the fish.

Got my vote.

Naturalists?

Dirty buggers... don't want them skinny dipping and spreading bacteria that a decent pair of Speedos would otherwise conceal :eek: :D

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We will also be launching a series of Vendace Trust Fish-outs and The Thirty Years Online War in due course, as they have been so popular with other Trusts. Paul tell us that he only had to post about trout, both resident wild ones and the sea-going sort, at one time and entire websites melted down. Which can only be good for Our Vendace.