Thames Hydro Scheme Approved

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets out a low groan. Why not build an adjacent pelleting plant to utilize all the fish that it will be mincing up? Just an idea.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets hope the angling groups and the Angling Trust get it stopped otherwise there will be one of these set ups on every weir on the Thames. Is there such a thing as a fish friendly hydro system.

richiekelly

Reaction score
What the hell happened to the one that will supply Windsor Castle being trialled before any others were given the go ahead, oh yes I forgot the EA are involved and the government are handing out our taxes towards these things, governments eh wouldn't urinate on them if they were on fire :mad::mad::mad:

Lee Poultney

Reaction score
I recently did some research into a hydro scheme on the Warks Avon, which is quite close. I posted my findings on my blog here

loggerhead

Reaction score
What the hell happened to the one that will supply Windsor Castle being trialled before any others were given the go ahead
It's been reported that it's generating over 200kWh and more than Windsor Castle needs so the remainder is going into the national grid. The truth is - it was supposed to generate 300kWh and that would supply only half of what Windsor Castle's need were at the time. So what has changed, has the Queen been told to turn the lights off after her or what? Most of these units only produce 60% of what they promise.

Also, the developers, through Windsor and Maidenhead Council, applied for a grant of some of £934,000 from the EU towards further research into hydro schemes and the good news is - Their application WAS REJECTED! They will not receive a penny.