Book Review - The Pocket Guide to Balsam Bashing

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ah yes....

I couldn't post on the old Fly Fishing Forums in the Noughties without a combative response from a certain individual - here are two, remnant, lesser encounters, ones that weren't deleted by the management when someone, not myself, had been out-debated or made to look seriously like some on-'is-case serial pest. Followed me to the unlikely Barbel Fishing World when I joined it in 2005 or and started up there. Ho hum.

http://www.flyfishing.co.uk/88720-post40.html

Fly Fishing Forums - View Single Post - Looking for rivers south east england

Last edited:

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
You obviously upset him!!:) Never understood how anybody can get that exercised about a fishing forum.

Putting the personal asside, seems like a useful book.

Stu

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I could post an entire thread, Paul, from a certain, well-known, Cornwall-based angling book publisher who exchanged legally-binding contracts for my book "Thank you, Bernard!" It was to be published 4 years from the date of signing so for 4 years I was excitedly counting the months and looking forward to seeing my work within hard covers. A draft copy to arrive a couple of months prior to the official launch date had been promised so when it failed to turn up I contacted said s**tbag and enquired as to what was happening. there ensued a couple of months to-ing and fro-ing with the cornish s**tbag first making excuses then undisguisedly taking the you-know-what. At his behest, I sent a whole new manuscript and CD plus associated photographic material - only to be ignored thereafter. The s**tbag still has my property...two lots of it. Let's have it back, Tom!

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

At first glance I'd have sworn that book's title was 'Islam Bashing - ...and how to tackle other invasive, non-native species'!