Ebro Zander

Reaction score
A very interesting article Geoff,

A 20lber on a lure eh? That'd be some catch!

My mate caught the UK biggest on a lure (not including fly; a guy from the fens had a 19lb plus a while back) at 18lb 12oz a couple of seasons back.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does the first UK 20lber on a lure too, he seems to have a real knack with plugs and Zs.

I must give the Ebro a go one day; 5lb roach? Has anyone told Steve Spiller?!
:j

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A really interesting article Geoff, not my 'scene' because I've never really been interested in 'foreign' fishing, but nonetheless appreciated.

I hope you make your targets when you next go back.

That said, I am looking at a French carping 'holiday' for later on this year.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Ah. French carping eh? That's how it starts and before you know where you are you're up to your neck in muck and bullets in some Amazonian swamp! Or, more likely, on a beach in the Bahamas tied to a bonefish...

Where in France? Or is it a secret?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah. French carping eh? That's how it starts and before you know where you are you're up to your neck in muck and bullets in some Amazonian swamp! Or, more likely, on a beach in the Bahamas tied to a bonefish...

Where in France? Or is it a secret?

It is a bit of a secret at the moment Geoff, but I'll do an article afterwards.

Having worked and lived in 11 different Countries in my working career, I've done the bonefish 'bit' and also the Pirhana 'thing' in South America.

I lived in Norway for close on 15 years so the northern Trout and Salmon 'thing' has also been done, and about 20 years ahead of good old Matt H and others.

The only other ambition I have at the moment is to take a (very) South American trip for some of those fabulous Trout around 'the land of fire'

This new season's ambition though is for an English (venue) 40 pounder.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I'll carry your bags if theres a golden dorado trip coming up :) so where to you is 'foreign' then? Wales?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll carry your bags if theres a golden dorado trip coming up :) so where to you is 'foreign' then? Wales?

You got it in one Geoff, I wouldn't go near to Wales without my passport, and inoculations . . . . . . .

[insert huge great leek-coloured smiley thing > > > > HERE]

I've been fortunate inasmuch as in my early business life I have travelled most of the world, and fished it, so these days my great love is trotting a float down a southern chalk stream.
That said, I now hanker after an English venue 40 pound Carp, so that is my target for this new season.

caesarson

Reaction score
Enjoyable article. Never knew about Zander on the river. Only ever knew about the Carp and the Catfish. Will pack the lures now when I make it over there.