How much do you pay for maggots ?

E

Evan

How much are you paying for a pint of maggots where you are, geographically ?

And how much for a pint of beer ??

Just curious, as just got stung for ?4.40 for a pint of maggots while beer is still about ?2.50 - 2.70 at the mo. Used to be, when I was younger, that maggots were slightly cheaper than beer. Is this still generally the case or has the world changed, and / or am I just getting ripped off by my bait supplier ?

I suspect the latter, especially as my last pint of crawlers came up light at only 16 fluid ounces when checked at home....

nicky

Reaction score
?2.20 FOR A PINT
caerphilly south wales and i dont like paying that

E

Evan

The trouble is that it is the local chap who does it as a hobby / sideline from home and the only alternative is to spend a fiver or more in petrol there and back to the nearest tackle shop.... bit over a barrel like !

Mind you, not that us Welsh chappies are mean in any way.....

C

Christian Tyroll

?2.50 for a pint of maggots and ?3.50 for casters. although there always looks less in the casters.

Cant comment on the price of beer.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
?2.20 for both.

Evan just think of all those little purchases you miss out on. Not going to the shop.

Milo

Reaction score
The dearest I've ever seen maggots is ?4.95 a pint!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
My wife and I have just had a weeks holiday in the Lake District. The cost of a pint of boddys and a half of stella was ?3.85 and every pub except one was the same. We called in a pub in Penrith and the same order was ?2.10. How do they arrive at these pricing structures?.

Coudnt say about the maggotts as i never saw a tackle shop.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Maggots ?1.80 to ?2.20

Beer: ?1.50 a pint cheapest or you can pay ?3.00 for a bottle, so ?6.00 a pint.

J

john ledger

?2 per pint with a good head on and 4% proof
Maggots ?2 per pint and where i go its serve yourself

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Maggots £2.80 a pint Birmingham

I bet it varies from shop to shop here in Brumbut i dont drive round all day to try and save 50p so i dont know for sure.

F

Fred Bonney

Old but relevant I suppose

£2.30 for a very good real ale.

£2.25 for very good maggots.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
£2.20 to £2.40 for maggots per pint. For the beer, depends on where I go and what I sup.

Local tackle shop £2.20 and he says that maggots are subsidised so makes no profit what so ever on them. He reckons that it would save many a tackle shop if they could make a profit. Not every one buys something else besides maggots when they go in.

Rochdale area, Manchester.

Specihunter

Reaction score
£3-00 a pint for maggots and £3-50 for casters not sure on a pint beer but let me put this spin on this when you go out how many pints do you drink on a night out.