Carp Porter puncture proof wheel

sagalout

Reaction score
Having suffered another puncture in me barrow today I resolved to get a puncture proof tyre. After a thorough search of the interweb I was appalled to find they are at least 50 quid including delivery, this for an item to fit me 80 quid barrow (porter lite).

After a bit more searching I find B&Q do one (presumably the same thing?) for 17 quid. Decisions, decisions which one to buy? The B&Q one fits perfectly, well as perfectly as the original fitted.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Having suffered another puncture in me barrow today I resolved to get a puncture proof tyre. After a thorough search of the interweb I was appalled to find they are at least 50 quid including delivery, this for an item to fit me 80 quid barrow (porter lite).

After a bit more searching I find B&Q do one (presumably the same thing?) for 17 quid. Decisions, decisions which one to buy? The B&Q one fits perfectly, well as perfectly as the original fitted.

I was looking at the same thing a little while ago, I think the carpporter wheels run on ball bearings while the B&Q ones are on bushes, if it fits then I doubt that you will notice any difference. There is a liquid you can get from Halfords (Slime) that you put in through the tyre valve, this blocks the holes as they occur. they use it for mountain bike tyres, might be worth a go.

agamemnon

Reaction score
i got fed up with punctures and brought a solid rubber tyre. i found the solid tyre would get stuck in the mud a lot more than the bouncy rubber tyre and after a short time my barrow wheel station folded over on its self. now i use a wheel barrow