Kelly Kettle

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm surprised nicepicks has not been on here, quite a Kelly chef is that fellow.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I always used to take a flask when going static fishing on a river or pond and I was perfectly happy doing so. Then for some reason I have no idea (can't remember) why but I started to take a small burner, kettle etc to make a brew and maybe warm up a tin of soup or something to fill a hole in my belly. I must have gone full circle because unless i'm going bivvying up for a day or two (which is a very rare occassion) I only ever take a flask and find it much more convenient than messing about with a stove and such. It's easy to take a flask of boiling water and brew your tea or coffee on the bank if you prefer it freshly brewed or don't wish to stink out the flask...I just stink the flask out :).
Since most of my fishing these days is roving I only ever take a bottle of water at most and then only in hot weather.

Steve Shaw 3

Reaction score
Great providing there is a supply of tinder dry material, anything damp and it just wont get going, when it does feed it and it will roar away.. Good if you dont mind scavaging for dry material and woodchip, handy to burn all the rubbish too...

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hand-whittled slivers of Southwell cane, Avocets, Mk IVs and the like send a Kelly on its way, I have found. But nothing will get one lit if you're not wearing a tweed Norfolk jacket. I tend to take a butane blowlamp, knowing that I will be able to set fire to the entire bank or adjacent spinney if the ruddy thing doesn't like my modern outfit and bad attitude.

laguna

Reaction score
Give it a try Steve!
One of the best tinder materials is cotton wool, alcohol soaked and wax coated from a candle.
Going bare back...? Collect dead elderwood, dried birch bark, light with nail polished matches or a flint stick!

I had a kelly years ago but prefer a small alcohol stove (I have a large quantity of methanol), if carp/camping I take the kitchen gas stove - triple burner and grill.

smudger172

Reaction score
Iv mentioned on a similar post before about Jetboil, they are brilliant, boil a litre of water in under a minute, i cook soup, beans, hot dogs ect in mine too. Fantastic bi of kit binka.

JetBoil Zip Lightweight Cooking System | GO Outdoors

This is the one i have, but you can get a slightly bigger one, the gas is cheap and a big canister will last a good while too.

Do these work as well in the winter..