Bagged meself a bargain...

B

binka

After months of hanging my nose over one with funds too tight to commit I've just bagged myself a Nash peg one recliner armchair, wheel/trolley kit, side tray, groundbait tray and cover.

Over £200 new (and looks as new from pictures) for...

£65!

Hope to get down to Loughborough tomorrow to collect it, seller does have 100% feedback over 1000+ transactions so looking good so far :)

One question for anyone who has one... Can the arms be removed?

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can beat that, How about a Daiwa Tournament X and 5 top kits for £12. I have no idea what it should be but when the hammer went down this morning I felt like a thief.

B

binka

Well I've just got everything back home, had a good play with it all and it's perfect!

I was looking for blue lights following me back up the motorway as it felt like I'd stole it, I've seen muckier new stuff sat in tackle shops and the fella even threw in front and rear adjustable Nash buzz bars (not that I think i'll ever use 'em but nice to have just in case).

:w

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Well I've just got everything back home, had a good play with it all and it's perfect!

I was looking for blue lights following me back up the motorway as it felt like I'd stole it, I've seen muckier new stuff sat in tackle shops and the fella even threw in front and rear adjustable Nash buzz bars (not that I think i'll ever use 'em but nice to have just in case).

:w

How many bloody chairs do you need or is this just another addition to the squad ? What next ....a loan deal in January ?

B

binka

How many bloody chairs do you need or is this just another addition to the squad ? What next ....a loan deal in January ?

Funny thing is Skip I thought of you as I wanted it really for the trolley conversion and knowing that you too are a reluctant convert to the trolley it crossed my mind as I begrudgingly stepped across the line I swore I would never step over :eek: :D

I've already decided that the bait and groundbait trays are a pile of sh!t and a badly thought out idea in my opinion, they're gonna find a dark cupboard somewhere.

The chair to trolley idea is sound though both in principal and in practice, all appears well so far on that score.

Edited to add: Actually, i'll elaborate on the bait tray problems as I see them.

Since getting it home and finding everything to be perfect in the sense of what I was initially expecting I have now had time to muck around with the adjustments and found that if you extend the legs to their highest position it means that the folding outer extending support leg, on the underside of the bait tray, is slightly too short at its maximum extension!

This wouldn't be as much of a disappointment if I hadn't noticed that Nash could have made it slightly longer whilst still being able to fold away in the underside rim of the groundbait tray where it locates when not in use ie. packed away in the bag on the reverse of the chairs backrest.

The trays themselves are also a bit too quirky for my liking with sectioned compartments that are neither here nor there in my opinion and a groundbait bag that's way too small for my usage, far better to have simply had a flat tray type of arrangement that you could use the surface of as you wish as opposed to trying to work around what's actually there.

Finally, the trays attach onto a tube which extends horizontally from the front leg frame... All good and well in that the tube system allows very little "play" but not so good if you consider that if your chair is anything other than level it means that your side trays are on the tilt with little or no play to turn them around and correct them.

Other than that the chair seems great and the trolley conversion quick, easy and effective... Worthwhile for that alone.

Oh and the arms can easily be removed albeit it would be an idea to have shorter bolts for re-assembling without them but I reckon i'll keep 'em on now.

Further edit: The bait and groundbait trays have proved very useful after all as I've just flogged 'em along with the extendable buzz bars (which the guy threw in for nothing) for twenty five quid which has now brought the cost of the chair and trolley kit, which is what I wanted in the first place and in practically as new condition, down to £40.

Result! :)

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
Until you break it which you somehow always manage to do !:D
Hey S-Kippy,
Ya know wot he'll break first - dontcha?
The Trolley - cos he'll be able to carry SO much more on it! ;):rolleyes::eek:mg:

Good Luck Binka!

PS: Anyone running a sweep on how long it'll last?
My guess is 10mths! ;):D

B

binka

Until you break it which you somehow always manage to do !:D

I'm on my best behaviour with this one Skip, won't be plonking meself down with too much force I reckon as it's higher and the arms seem rock solid and a good weight break on the way down :D

Hey S-Kippy,
Ya know wot he'll break first - dontcha?
The Trolley - cos he'll be able to carry SO much more on it! ;):rolleyes::eek:mg:

Funny you should say that Greenie... I had a quick test yesterday afternoon with my tool chest and two canisters with three gallons of water in 'em and it never creaked, must have been around six or seven stone on the axle :)

PS: Anyone running a sweep on how long it'll last?
My guess is 10mths!

That's optimistic... :D

I'll give you £65 for the Nash buzz bars Binky?

:eek:mg: :eek:mg:... :D