float tips

robertroach

Reaction score
For most of my float fishing what I need is a "bolo" style float in smaller sizes 2 or 3 gram but with easily replaceable tips so you can see them better. Yellow is the wrong colour for bright sunlight and red is the wrong colour for fishing in a shadow. Of course the light can change a lot during a session. Ideally I would like to change the tips easily and have black and white ones.

Anyone come across anything like this?

greenie62

Reaction score
I thought nearly all bolo floats had interchangeable antennae, e.g. Cralusso:
Cralusso Bolo Floats
The first float developed for specific use on Bolognese rods. The float will allow you to hold back without it drifting across the flow. Easy to use and very efficient * Needs no adjustments * Simple to set up * Waterproof polyurethane body * 5 Inter-changeable bristles/antennaes * Can be over weighted by 5-20% when holding back

The other alternative is to use coloured silicon tubing and slip on/remove the colour required.
Tight lines!

mick b

Reaction score
Yep, Sam hits the mark first time!

Recently I watched a young Polish angler successfully fish a swim Ive failed to master simply by using a big Cralusso Belo and different shotting :eek:mg:

I use Cralusso floats a great deal, especially if there is a lot of water in the rivers, simply amazing how even a small fish can submerge a 6-8gm float with ease.

Robert, invest £30 in half a dozen Cralusso's and you will have enough changeable tips to last many many seasons.
TIP:- ensure you check the sight stem size, especially the smaller Surfs which requires a resizing to take the larger flag stems.

Be sure to checkout the BOLO (thats the float with one convex face and the other concave) it is simply amazing, you can hold it in a current and it doesn't drag back into the bank, it just sits where you stop it!:D

Ive often wondered why it took a foriegn angler to design what we UK anglers have wanted for decades?
Or did our tackle designer/manufacturers think we wouldnt pay a fiver for a single float :confused:

Last edited: