How many pints are there in a Kilo?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Been looking at a few tutorials on fishing the pellet waggler, feed seems to be an important factor and most anglers describe their quantities of loose pellet feed in pints ranging from 4 to approx 8 in a match, so would like to know from a purchase perspective how many pints to the kilo.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Surely you can work that out?

Have you got a pint jug or maggot box?

Or a half or two pint for that matter?

I would if I could but I won't because I cant.
I have a pint jug, I have a pint box, I don't have a pellet to my name, so my question remains unanswered.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
It's on Google................1.76 pints ( UK ) to a kilo ( water )

Have a look, if you don't believe me !

Merry Christmas Hohohoho!!

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've got nothing better to do and was puzzled by the strange mixing of units (imperial/metric and volume/mass).
1pt of Stickybaits Vortex Pellet is 650g.
1pt of a 2mm standard coarse fish pellet is just over 600g.
1pt of dried maize is 700g.
1pt of 10mm boilies (Vortex, again) is 680g.
1pt of maggots is 610g.

The bottom line is that there isn't really an answer to your question. A pint is a pint and a kilo is a kilo. You'll only know the answer to your question if you sample the bait concerned. Not all types of pellet are the same density. A pint of one type can weigh far more, or less, than another type.

Certain bait types are often bought by the pint from tackle shops. Many match anglers measure baits by the pint because venues impose limits of x pints. Buying pellets in bulk generally involves sacks of x kg. Needless to say, buying a 25kg sack will usually give you well in excess of fifty pints of dry bait.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sam

When you measured out the 10mm boilies what was the total volume and weight of the gaps between them?

Come on Corky, I suspect that you know that I've a fair idea that has an influence, and it's not like I'm going to attempt to work it out. My maths might have been up to it several decades ago, it certainly isn't now. However, it has an influence with any solid bait when they are measured in pints. It's a scientifically dubious way of quantifying an amount of bait, but anglers have done it for years.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This thread puts me in mind of this story.

There once was a professor of philosophy, who in front of his Class, took a large empty pot of jam and without saying a word, began to fill it with golf balls.

Then he asked his students if the jar was full. The Students replied: YES.

The professor then took a box full of marbles and poured the marbles into the pot of jam. The marbles filled the gaps in between the Golf balls. The Professor asked the students again if the jar was full. Again, they replied: YES .

At that point, the professor took a bag of sand and poured it into the pot of jam. Of course, the sand filled all the remaining gaps and the professor asked again if the jar was full. The Students unanimously answered: YES.

The professor then added a glass of beer to the contents of the jar thus filling the small gaps between the grains of sand. The students started laughing. After they stopped, the professor said: "I want you to realize that the pot of jam represents Life.

The golf balls are the very important things in Life such as family, children, health, everything you are passionate about. Our lives would still be full even if we'd lost everything else and these were the only things that remained.

The marbles are the other things that count in our lives such as work, house, car, etc ...

The sand represents everything else, all the small things in life.

If we had first poured sand into the pot of jam, there wouldn't have been any room left for anything else such as the marbles or the golf balls.

It's the same thing in Life. If we put all our energy and all our time into the small things, we will never have any time/space left for the things that really matter.

Pay attention to the things that are really important to your happiness. Play with your children, take time to go to the doctor, have dinner with your spouse/partner, exercise or take time to enjoy your favorite pass-times.

There will always be time to do the cleaning and fix the taps on the kitchen sink ...

Take care of the golf balls first, of the things that really matter. Choose your priorities, the rest is just sand."

One of the students then raised a hand and asked what the beer meant.

The professor smiled and said: "It's good that you ask. I only added beer to show that although your lives may seem full and busy, there is always room for a drink with a friend.

I know its got nothing to do with bait (though you could have a pint of boilies a handful of pellets and some groundbait in the same glass) but it is a nice story and when you have just got in from a night out with friends it makes you remember the important things in life.

Reaction score
I was thinking of that story too, it's one I have reminded my son of several times when he is sat watching rubbish on you tube or playing Xbox when he should be studying.

How many golf balls to the pint?