Recommendation for a specific purpose catapult

mightyboosh

Reaction score
Can you recommend a catapult for a very specific purpose. It will only be used for firing out 1 - 2 inch cooked prawns which are a ****** to get airborne!

Don't want the cup to crush the prawns and ideally it would be tangle-free and long lasting.

Thanks!

B

binka

Well...

I thought I was going to be able to help but after checking Drennan's website it looks like they've discontinued it.

I've been doing exactly what you require it for with prawns, on and off, for a couple of years with this...

The cup is semi-rigid and just the right size.

Might be worth a look on Ebay though.

Ps... If looking for one ignore the hole in the handle, I drilled that myself so that I could hang it up at home but never factored in for when it fell into my maggot bucket and filled up with the damned things :)

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Well...

I thought I was going to be able to help but after checking Drennan's website it looks like they've discontinued it.

I've been doing exactly what you require it for with prawns, on and off, for a couple of years with this...

The cup is semi-rigid and just the right size.

Might be worth a look on Ebay though.

Ps... If looking for one ignore the hole in the handle, I drilled that myself so that I could hang it up at home but never factored in for when it fell into my maggot bucket and filled up with the damned things :)
'Boosh, mines a very similar cup , not prawns in my case but mussels and it works pretty good.

Steve--- do you have so much as a square inch of space on your garage wall for another hook?.:D

chrissh

Reaction score
Look at the guru rang … Guru - Incredible 'Pult
The Incredible Pult is the third addition to our catapult range and is our dedicated distance catapult. It has been designed to help group your free offerings tightly, even at maximum range, making it perfect for feeding pellets and particles accurately. As you’d expect with a distance ‘pult, the elastic is extra strong and durable and the rugged frame has a special, non-twist design to improve accuracy and longevity. The Incredible Pult has four pegging points to allow you to adjust the tension of the elastic depending on the range you’re fishing. Elastics and pouches are sold separately.

• Distance Catapult
• Perfect for Pellets and other particle baits.
• 4 Adjustable positions for ultimate feeding accuracy.
• Perfect for all particle baits.
• Special Non-Twist design.
• New pouch design for optimum grouping at distance.
• New X-Strong durable elastic.
• Super smooth frame runners.
• Elastics and pouches available separately.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My catapult skills are useless so use a pva bag to get prawns out at distance.

mightyboosh

Reaction score
My catapult skills are useless so use a pva bag to get prawns out at distance.

there's a thought. i would have assumed that the prawns which are always wet would start dissolving the PVA immediately on contact?

it would certainly get around some legal issues here re: groundbaiting :)

would love you to walk in to a tackle shop here and ask for a PVA bag and then explain what it is. it would be like a monty python sketch :)

...on the other hand, my mrs is leaving for the UK tomorrow.

laguna

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder of yet another bloody DIY project... :D

I have in my possession 2 or 3 small plastic domed lids salvaged from someplace (can't remember where from), which I knew would come in handy for making pults one day .... now where did I put them? :eek:mg:

Ps. Ive just remembered where I nicked em from..... our lasses 'Mum' underarm deodorants! :thumbs:

Mum-Roll-On-Deodorant-Fresh-Pink-Classic-Care-12-Pack-190017.jpg

Mum-Roll-On-Deodorant-Fresh-Pink-Classic-Care-12-Pack-190017.jpg

robtherake

Reaction score
there's a thought. i would have assumed that the prawns which are always wet would start dissolving the PVA immediately on contact?

it would certainly get around some legal issues here re: groundbaiting :)

would love you to walk in to a tackle shop here and ask for a PVA bag and then explain what it is. it would be like a monty python sketch :)

...on the other hand, my mrs is leaving for the UK tomorrow.

A bit of powdered something-or-other dusted over them solves that problem. Even if groundbait's banned there are plenty of other things that can be used.

mightyboosh

Reaction score
A bit of powdered something-or-other dusted over them solves that problem. Even if groundbait's banned there are plenty of other things that can be used.

nice. there's some rule or other about all bait being attached to a hook. i won't be able to help it if the stupid pva bag "falls off" the hook in the water :)

soft plastic

Reaction score
I have both sizes of these and can recommend them. Preston Innovations Match Pult.

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Booshy will it get thro customs?.
I ask because I have one I'd like to take to a hunting shooting friend who lives near Venice, mines a hunting type btw.

Last edited:

mightyboosh

Reaction score
I hadn't thought about that to be honest, but good point! It'll be in check baggage and I'll tell my mrs to say that it's a toy for our little boy :)

chrissh

Reaction score
Re-customs get your wife to take the elastic out of the catapult and if she has 2 bags put one peace in each bag

(There are 2 plastic pins in each end of the elastic just pull them out then when you get the catapult push the pin in place)

Also get a spare elastic and pouch there about £2.50 each

mightyboosh

Reaction score
Update. Got the Guru Incredible Pult. Does exactly what I wanted. Fires prawns out accurately and doesn't crush them. Recommended.