At last! A use for cormorants...

thecrow

Reaction score
Imo floats are made to be used not just looked at, some of the handmade things are stupidly expensive, these look good floats well made and reasonable price for something hand made,, what fun could be had just getting the feathers for them :eek:

B

binka

and with a style all of their own.

That's a very difficult thing to achieve imo, considering the amount of bespoke float makers out there and all of the historically recognisable floats such as Harcork.

I looked long and hard before making my bobbers, to give them a unique and workable identity, and it all came down to the order which the coloured bands went on and then low and behold I stumbled upon one with the same on, iirc, the Flee & Float website.

robtherake

Reaction score
That's a very difficult thing to achieve imo, considering the amount of bespoke float makers out there and all of the historically recognisable floats such as Harcork.

I looked long and hard before making my bobbers, to give them a unique and workable identity, and it all came down to the order which the coloured bands went on and then low and behold I stumbled upon one with the same on, iirc, the Flee & Float website.

Your bobbers remind me of a Harcork design, with the white stripe delinated by black bands. Nice floats.

laguna

Reaction score
And aren't they just the thing?

Traditional Handmade Fishing Floats Cormorant Quill Vintage Style | eBay

Little more than four quid apiece, delivered.

I've looked at many of this fella's offerings over the last few months and I reckon they're hard to beat both in terms of quality and value if you don't mind buying from overseas.

Lovely looking floats by anyone's standards.
I don't like em Steve.

But I do like the idea of a big black bird running around with no clothes on! :D

I'll get me coat :eek:mg:

ken more

Reaction score
I took a punt and bought some. My thinking is that i am much more likely to use
them than the one's with inlays, feathers etc, that to me anyway, are like small works of art and would never or highly unlikely be used.:)

P.S, as much as i would love to use them, (one's with feather inlays) i just know that, with my luck, i would lose the Bloody things somehow.:D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

That's George's blog, he's a crackin fella Steve, i've no doubt he'd be able to give you some very useful tips for float making....if you need any that is as you do seem to be doing superbly well anyhow!

ken more

Reaction score

I've looked at many of this fella's offerings over the last few months and I reckon they're hard to beat both in terms of quality and value if you don't mind buying from overseas.

Ordered these a short while ago and received them this weekend. I think they are lovely looking floats and think it is Twelve quid well spent. Don't even know if i will use them (probably will) but really nice.:D

P.S. Well packaged too

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

Ordered these a short while ago and received them this weekend. I think they are lovely looking floats and think it is Twelve quid well spent. Don't even know if i will use them (probably will) but really nice.:D

P.S. Well packaged too