Big Chub Showing on MKAA Ouse
The Milton Keynes Angling Association sections of the Great Ouse have been in great shape recently with perch, and now big chub, showing in some excellent catches.
Reports from the upper Ouse around Stony Stratford have included several good weights of perch in the 2 to 3lb range in nets topping 30lb but the odd good chub has now started to show including a stonking fish of 7lb 1oz to Phil Oxley last weekend and, the week previous to that, a 6lb 13oz fish.
MKAA matches have also turned up some excellent chevins including a fish of 6lb 4oz backed up with a 5lb plus fish to Roy Hefferon to win a contest last Sunday.
The top chub from an MKAA beat of the river in the past week was an absolute lump of a fish weighing 7lb 12oz, which fell to Northants Specimen Group’s Jamie Cartwright who floatfished double maggot on a size 18 Super Specialist hook to 6lb line beneath a Crystal Avon float. Jamie is no stranger to big Ouse chub and netted a PB fish of 8lb 1oz from the river at the back end of last season.
By the Same Author
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike
- Carp Fishing - The Essex Carp Championships
- Match Fishing – Angling Trust and Canal and River Trust Stillwater Championship 2013
- Record Salmon Lured by Rhino Spoon
- Eels Again - Fishermen Net Fines and Bans for Illegal Elver Fishing
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’Mania 2013 Heat Nine
- Carp Fishing – 50lb Common for Franck
- Salmon and Trout Association Appoint Fundraising Manager