Carp Fishing - Bury Hill Bonanza
It's the start of a spring bonanza as the Temple Lake carp go on the feed.
Following a terrific spell for carp anglers finally kicking in towards the end of February, the first week of March has seen bumper catches from Temple Lake on Surrey’s famous Bury Hill Complex with six thirties and loads of twenties reported.
Leading the field was newcomer to Bury Hill, Aaron Riley who managed six carp during his 72 hour session. Fishing peg 6, Aaron caught on 15mm Cell boilies over a few freebies close to the island landing 4 mirrors weighing 31lb 8oz, 29lb 7oz, 22lb 4oz and 21lb as well as two commons weighing 32lb 6oz and 33lb 2oz.
Another angler to do well was Temple regular Gez Schifano who managed 4 fish during his weekend overnighter which included a brace of thirties, two mirrors weighing 35lb 2oz and 31lb 8oz. Gez fished peg 1 and caught on 18mm Cell boilies over a few free offerings catching from both mid water and the island margins.
Another Temple regular Steve Willetts also managed 3 fish during his 24 hour session which included a 30lb 13oz mirror. Steve caught on 15mm Cell tipped with corn from mid water from peg 12.
The big news surrounding day ticket Bury Hill at the moment is the rumour that it may go syndicate at some point in the future and owner David de Vere has confirmed that discussions to this effect are underway, although no decisions have yet been made.
By the Same Author
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike
- Carp Fishing - The Essex Carp Championships
- Match Fishing – Angling Trust and Canal and River Trust Stillwater Championship 2013
- Record Salmon Lured by Rhino Spoon
- Eels Again - Fishermen Net Fines and Bans for Illegal Elver Fishing
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’Mania 2013 Heat Nine
- Carp Fishing – 50lb Common for Franck
- Salmon and Trout Association Appoint Fundraising Manager