Carp Fishing – Ted still Haulin’
Ted Bryan, like FM’s Rob Marsh, is one of those carp anglers who just keeps on catching...
The latest report we have had in form Ted details his latest success down in Kent; in Ted’s own words:
“On an overnighter on a lake in Kent, I caught this lovely looking 31lb mirror carp and two others of 25 and 26lb, along with a 19lb common, a good night’s fishing in all!
I got to the lake at about 6:30pm and picked a swim with a gravel bar about 60 yards out, got set up and then put a marker rod out, right in the middle of the bar. I then cast a rod either side of the marker and baited up with 20mm IC1 and 20mm Scopex Squid boilies. It didn’t take long and within 15 minutes I had my first fish, a 31lb mirror, a nice start to the night. I got the rod back out and at 10:30pm I had the 25 pounder, 12:30am I had a 26 and at 4am I had the 19lb common. I was well pleased!
The tackle and bait I used were 3lb Test curve rods, Entoh reels loaded with 15lb Nash NXT.D.Cam line, 3oz Nash inline leads, 20lb Missing Link hook length, size 8 Fang X hooks baited with 20mm IC1 boilies.”
By the Same Author
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike