Carp Fishing - Ted Bryan, still Hauling!
On a three day session in torrential rain the unstoppable Ted B took an eight fish catch, topped by a chunky mirror of 37lb.
In Ted’s own words:
“I got to the lake at around 4:30pm and then had to park the Carp Porter under a tree and take cover as it was raining so hard!
As soon as I had a chance I had a good look round and I picked a swim near a deep bay with a lot of weed, where I had seen a fish stick its head out. I got the dome set up first and put all my gear inside before it got completely soaked. By this time I was soaking wet but I got set up and had a marker around and found a nice bit of gravel at about 50 yards, so I put one rod on that spot with the other rod at about 70 yards then baited each rod with 300 20mm IC1 and Scopex Squid boilies; after that it was into the shelter and try to get myself and my gear dry!
I had my first fish, a 30lb 6oz mirror, at 1.30am on the shorter rod and as I put it in the sack the other rod was away and that turned out to be the 37lb fish pictured. When it got light I got the photographs done and let one fish go but kept the other for chipping as it was one which had not been done yet.
That day I had two more fish, a 29lb 12oz mirror and a 27lb 4oz common. I got my traps set again for the night and at 12:30am I had a 31lb 6oz mirror, at 2am a 25lb mirror and then a 24lb 12oz common. On my last day I had a 19lb common, all in all a very good session.
The tackle and bait I used were: Two 3lb test rods, Entoh reels loaded with 15lb Nash NXT D Camo line, 3oz Nash inline leads, 20lb Missing Link Hook length and size 8 Nash Fang X hooks baited with IC1 and Scopex 20mm bottom baits.”
By the Same Author
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards