Carp Fishing – Taska’s Stu Cobb Nets Another 30
The weather has been far from ideal for carping but late winter and early spring is always big fish time and Stu Cobb is one angler who has been getting amongst them.
Without doubt one of Taska's most on form consultants at the moment has to be Stuart Cobb and his latest catch notches up yet another 30 to his name, this time in the shape of the hefty 32lb 1oz mirror pictured above.
Stuart's ever faithful Chod set up, running on the weed green iCore LeadCore did the business, Stu likes to use the Oval Tungsten Beads as they perfectly fit over the leadcore making the set up extremely safe.
"I turned up just on dark and got my rods out straight away; thankfully I got good drops on both rods and I spread about 50 or so Element boilies over each rod. At 3am on a freezing cold morning my right hand rod pulled tight and after a spirited battle I slipped the net under my second 30 from the lake on what was only my fourth night, happy days indeed!"
By the Same Author
- The Lure of Farlows – Part 2
- Angler’s Mail – Xmas Double Issue
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Fifteen
- 2015 Canal & River Trust Stillwater Championship Details Announced
- The Lure of Farlows – Part 1
- Canal Championship Dates Announced
- Old-timers in Action!
- Angler’s Mail 09 December 2014
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Fourteen
- Crucian Carp go Online