Carp Fishing – Taska’s Stu Cobb Nets Another 30
The weather has been far from ideal for carping but late winter and early spring is always big fish time and Stu Cobb is one angler who has been getting amongst them.
Without doubt one of Taska's most on form consultants at the moment has to be Stuart Cobb and his latest catch notches up yet another 30 to his name, this time in the shape of the hefty 32lb 1oz mirror pictured above.
Stuart's ever faithful Chod set up, running on the weed green iCore LeadCore did the business, Stu likes to use the Oval Tungsten Beads as they perfectly fit over the leadcore making the set up extremely safe.
"I turned up just on dark and got my rods out straight away; thankfully I got good drops on both rods and I spread about 50 or so Element boilies over each rod. At 3am on a freezing cold morning my right hand rod pulled tight and after a spirited battle I slipped the net under my second 30 from the lake on what was only my fourth night, happy days indeed!"
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Five
- Double Gold for Team England
- Guidance for Anglers Reporting Offences to the Police
- Angler’s Mail 22 July 2014
- BSafe – A New Generation of Fish-Safe Nets
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 15 July 2014
- Protect Your Park and Public Fishing
- Gardener’s Out – After 27 Years
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Three