Carp Fishing – Taska’s Stu Cobb Nets Another 30
The weather has been far from ideal for carping but late winter and early spring is always big fish time and Stu Cobb is one angler who has been getting amongst them.
Without doubt one of Taska's most on form consultants at the moment has to be Stuart Cobb and his latest catch notches up yet another 30 to his name, this time in the shape of the hefty 32lb 1oz mirror pictured above.
Stuart's ever faithful Chod set up, running on the weed green iCore LeadCore did the business, Stu likes to use the Oval Tungsten Beads as they perfectly fit over the leadcore making the set up extremely safe.
"I turned up just on dark and got my rods out straight away; thankfully I got good drops on both rods and I spread about 50 or so Element boilies over each rod. At 3am on a freezing cold morning my right hand rod pulled tight and after a spirited battle I slipped the net under my second 30 from the lake on what was only my fourth night, happy days indeed!"
By the Same Author
- New Cormorant Controls Start in September
- The Best Angling Video Ever?
- Fishing with Emma: Canal Pike: Part Ten
- Angler’s Mail 26 August 2014
- A ‘New Era’ for Irish Pike, Bass and Trout
- Shark v Grouper
- SSACN Deliver Keynote Speech at Dutch Sharkatag
- UK's ‘Top Cops’ Back ATr’s Police Poaching Guide
- Drennan Barnsley Blacks win Stillwater Team Championship
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Nine