Carp Fishing – Big French Catch for Dennis
Taska’s young Belgian consultant, Dennis Hellings, enjoyed a terrific haul of fish from a large, public French lake last week with five fish from 37 to 47lb.
Dennis tells the story in his own words:
"I fish some three times a year in France with my good friend Koen De Ruysscher and for this session, as with our previous ones, we fished a large, public lake in the north of the country.
When we arrived things didn’t look good because there had been no no catches reported, but with the weather changing in the right direction (+20 °c) we were still optimistic. The first night I bagged one fish and luckily it was a nice one in the shape of a 37lb 9oz mirror - not a bad start of the trip! We continued to bait up all of the areas with small Dreambaits BAM boilies and with great success as on the second night we bagged four fish and the numbers we netted increased every night of the trip.
When we started to catch some smaller fish I started baiting up more heavily, putting out up to 1.5 kg of freebies for each fish I caught. The tactic worked and at the end of our six nights, we had caught five fish over 33lb and four fish over 44lb.
Rig-wise we fished a soft coated hooklink to a size 4 hook with short shank Baseline Tungsten Line Aligners and 4mm Baseline Tungsten oval beads. Very pleased with that result, we packed up our gear and went home!"
By the Same Author
- England U18 World Championship Squad Announced
- Hydropower - Lune Scheme Approved Despite Fishery Harm
- Sale of Invasive Water Plants Now Banned
- Fishing with Emma - The Monster in the Pool: Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 22 April 2014
- Fishery Managers Add Salt to Their Talks
- Fishing with Emma - The Monster in the Pool: Part Three
- Angler’s Mail 08 April 2014
- Fishdeal.co.uk: A Daily Deal Site for Anglers!
- Take Someone Fishing for Free