Robbed of World Crown in Angling Olympics
France's Jean Pierre Fougeat's 1lb carp thrown back four seconds after final whistle robs Raison of title.No extra time is allowed for playing fish in world championship events, but if Fougeat had caught the carp just four seconds earlier he would have beaten Jacopo Falsini to the section win and Raison would have taken the crown.
Raison and Falsini tied after scoring maximum points but the Italian took the gold because of his better aggregate weight.
Castleford, Yorkshire angler Paul Starbuck won the World Youth event but the team won silver like the senior side.
England Ladies and the Disabled
Both teams won bronze.
By the Same Author
- Planning A Foreign Fishing Holiday
- Big Carp & Bream From RMC
- Fisheries Closed Due To Foot-&-Mouth Disease
- The Thermos Light & Compact Flask
- Foot & Mouth Disease Hits Angling
- Shimano Linear Fisheries Brochure 2001
- Shimano Exage And Catana Mono
- Sweet Success For Brummie Dwarf & Southern Adonis
- This Month's Magazines - January
- A New Group for the New Millennium