Sea Angling News Roundup
A brief roundup of this week's sea angling news, including news from the Angling OlympicsBig Blonde
Isle of Wight angler Ian Dobson fished from his boat 'Sea Vixen' to catch a 28lb blonde ray. Ian used sandeel on a 8/0 hook.
Herman Palacio, 33, fished a wreck out from the IOW from the charter boat 'Sundance' and boated a superb 171/2 lb pollack. He used a lure to capture his prize.
World Angling Olympics - Sea
England's long-casting team take silver, but host nation Italy and Portugal take the lion's share of the medals.
England finished a lowly seventh in the big game event, and eighth in the boat event, but Ireland took the individual gold and silver for the team.
The Welsh women's team claimed seventh in the shore event with England's women trailing at eighth.
England's juniors finished fifth.
A father and son shared a catch of bass from a rough ground mark near Branscombe, Devon. Charles and Darren Lane used whole squid to take the fish that included bass of 2lb, 5lb 4oz, 6lb 8oz, 8lb 8oz and a best fish to Darren of 9lb 4oz.
See this week's Angling Times for the full stories
By the Same Author
- New Products from Zippo and a Review of the Zippo Hand Warmer
- Review - Polaroid’s Latest Sports Sunglasses
- Review - Squabs Shelf Life Bait Range
- Book Review - Fishing Flies for Africa
- Fishing for Pleasure
- Chilly on Carp, Five Part DVD from OnlineFishing.tv - Review
- Tactical Pike Fishing - A Review
- Has the Skill Gone Out of Fishing?
- The Fallacy of Slack Line Fishing
- Positive River Piking