Bream Record Broken
Near 17lb bream caught by Leicester angler from Swithland Reservoir.The British bream record has been broken with a fish weighing 16lb 12oz, says this week's Angling Times.
Martin Whitmore from Quorn, Leicester fished the same East Midland's water, Swithland Reservoir, as present record holder Lee McManus to take the fish that weighs just 2oz more than the McManus fish caught a little more than a year ago.
Martin fished a night session with well known specialist angler Bryan Culley and fished at long range with a maggot hookbait.
Bryan netted bream of 14lb 11oz and 15lb 8oz on the same trip.
The full story and pictures can be seen in next week's Angling Times.
By the Same Author
- New Products from Zippo and a Review of the Zippo Hand Warmer
- Review - Polaroidâ€™s Latest Sports Sunglasses
- Review - Squabs Shelf Life Bait Range
- Book Review - Fishing Flies for Africa
- Fishing for Pleasure
- Chilly on Carp, Five Part DVD from OnlineFishing.tv - Review
- Tactical Pike Fishing - A Review
- Has the Skill Gone Out of Fishing?
- The Fallacy of Slack Line Fishing
- Positive River Piking