Barbel Record Broken - Twice!
Two 17-pounders caught from a flooded and coloured Upper Great Ouse.Wiltshire angler Stuart Morgan has rewrote the record books by catching two barbel over the British record.
The Chippenham specialist used 6oz sea weights, usually used for crab fishing, to present a paste bait in a heavily flooded and coloured Great Ouse above Bedford.
His first record barbel weighed 17lb 9oz, and then nine days later he fished the same swim to land another record of 17lb 14oz.
The full story can be read in this week's Angling Times.
By the Same Author
- New Products from Zippo and a Review of the Zippo Hand Warmer
- Review - Polaroid’s Latest Sports Sunglasses
- Review - Squabs Shelf Life Bait Range
- Book Review - Fishing Flies for Africa
- Fishing for Pleasure
- Chilly on Carp, Five Part DVD from OnlineFishing.tv - Review
- Tactical Pike Fishing - A Review
- Has the Skill Gone Out of Fishing?
- The Fallacy of Slack Line Fishing
- Positive River Piking