New Angling Show set to Launch in 2013
A new 'Angling Live' show planned for London's ExCel on 23 – 24 March 2013 is set to raise the bar of UK angling events.
The man behind the project, planned to be angling's largest ever public event, is Angling Media's Simon Bennie who has over 18 years’ experience in the exhibition industry but who is concerned that angling does not have a quality exhibition which does justice to the sport.
“There are a lot of good angling shows out there but many focus on a ‘pile it high sell it cheap’ model, although there is a place for that in our market there is also room for a manufacturer and wholesaler led event with controlled retail element.
There will be no more than 15 retailers at Angling Live and they won’t have to store tons of gear on the exhibition floor as purchasers will be able to collect larger items from a dedicated and easily-accessed collection area.
We will be concentrating on a polished, professional event that attracts the top manufacturers and, like all other leading consumer events, is a family day out in a top class arena.”
As far as arenas are concerned they don’t get much better than the ExCel, which is an international exhibition and convention centre situated on a prestigious waterfront location in the heart of London’s Docklands. It is part of a 100-acre campus, which includes three DLR stations, easy access to the underground rail system and London City Airport and has parking for 3,700 cars. In addition there are six on-site hotels and numerous bars and restaurants.
“Anglers will have the chance to chat to the consultants on the stands and also test out the products on the water outside the venue.” said Simon who is looking to get the whole of the industry behind him and to deliver some 150 exhibitors.
Other planned features and attractions planned include:
• Under 13's go free
• Special ‘show only’ offers from retailers
• Celebrity theatres
• Indoor demonstration lake
• Outdoor live events and demonstrations on the docks
• Daily prize giveaways
• Crèche facilities
• Spa facilities
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification