Predator Fishing – Building Bridges 2012
Following the success of the previous ‘Building Bridges’ lure fishing competition the Angling Trust Building Bridges Project have announced the date for a second event.
The aim of the day is to get together with like minded predator anglers of different nationalities, catch some fish, perhaps win a prize and to exchange fishing ideas and methods. This is a great opportunity for a good day's fishing along with the chance to meet some other really keen predator anglers.
After the match there will be time to relax and a chance to try some special BBQ Polish sausages and exchange experiences of the day.
This time the Building Bridges team will be running two separate competitions - one for lure anglers and one for dead bait anglers. Anglers will compete on the same stretch and two separate prizes pots will be available.
DATE: Sunday 16 September 2012
PLACE: BAA River Severn, Ripple, near Tewkesbury
TIME: 9.00am - 3.00 pm
MEETING PLACE: Mythe Pool
REGISTRATION: 7.30 am - 8.30 am
ENTRY FEE: £11 + £4 Day Ticket for fishery (for non BAA members)
PRIZES AND BBQ: 3.00pm around Mythe Pool
• Fishing is only allowed from the bank (wading not allowed)
• Fishing is only allowed in the designated area (a map will be provided)
• All anglers must have a landing net and an unhooking mat, which must be used for every fish
• Fishing to take place in pairs and all catches to be weighed in the presence of another angler. Signature of the other angler will be placed on the starting card to confirm the weight of the fish
• Fish must be returned to the water immediately (no keepnets allowed)
• Pike, perch, zander and chub will be counted
• Additional EA and fishery rules apply
Fishery rules can be obtained from the BAA web site
To pre-register your interest or for further details e-mail Radoslaw Papiewski, Building Bridges Project Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07886 138 072
By the Same Author
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike
- Carp Fishing - The Essex Carp Championships
- Match Fishing – Angling Trust and Canal and River Trust Stillwater Championship 2013
- Record Salmon Lured by Rhino Spoon
- Eels Again - Fishermen Net Fines and Bans for Illegal Elver Fishing
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’Mania 2013 Heat Nine
- Carp Fishing – 50lb Common for Franck
- Salmon and Trout Association Appoint Fundraising Manager