Carp Fishing – Taska Sponsor Welsh Carp Champs
Taska have announced their sponsorship of the inaugural Welsh Carp Championships.
Taska have announced they are to sponsor both the adult and junior sections of this exciting new event in the carp fishing calendar, which is being run by Richard Cox and Martin Cronin (owner of the Birch Syndicate).
Richard and Martin have built the competition to feature five of South Wales’ most prolific carp venues including; The Birch Syndicate, Lamby Lake, Hendre Lake, White Springs Fishery and Fendrod Lake. The competition format will be a 48-hour pairs match with each lake to hold an elimination round, in which ten pairs will fish, with two pairs qualifying for the final to be held at the Birch Syndicate.
Elimination rounds will begin on 24 -26 May with the finals to be staged on 21 - 23 June. Tickets for the event went on sale in early December and early indications suggest that it will be a sellout.
Entry cost is just £70 per pair and tickets are available through Richard Cox at Garry Evan Fishing Tackle, Cardiff. The prize for the overall winner is £1,000 and prizes for runners up include a trip to John Lilly’s lake in France, a Birch Syndicate ticket worth £350 and a three-day cabin trip to White Springs.
Taska MD Steve Tasker is said to be delighted to be involved with the championships at such an early stage and believes that together with the organisers they can help to build the event in to a major championship. Taska will not only be sponsoring the event but also donating a number of prizes and there will be a Taska demonstration tent at the final.
The competition already has its own Facebook page HERE so head over if you would like further information.
By the Same Author
- Sale of Invasive Water Plants Now Banned
- Fishing with Emma - The Monster in the Pool: Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 22 April 2014
- Fishery Managers Add Salt to Their Talks
- Fishing with Emma - The Monster in the Pool: Part Three
- Angler’s Mail 08 April 2014
- Fishdeal.co.uk: A Daily Deal Site for Anglers!
- Take Someone Fishing for Free
- Fishing With Emma - The Monster in the Pool: Part Two
- Warning Follows Fish Deaths on Devon’s River Deer